How and where to buy?
Black Tie’. Let’s find out what it actually means.
Black Tie is the name given to dress codes for parties held after 6 p.m. and you can interpret it as Men are supposed to come in their tuxedos to our fancy party’. While these events only state the dress code for men, women have a hard time figuring out the dress code for such parties.Women are expected to wear floor length dresses in these evening parties, however it is not a compulsion and exceptions can be made. Let’s look at the dresses which fall under the Black Tie dress code for women.
- Lace dresses: These dresses are ankle length with crew necklines and scooped backs and of course the highlight being a laced bodice to show your glamorous side.
- Embellished dresses: Embellished dresses have a head turning embroidery and lots of accents for a subtle yet elegant look and follow the black tie dress code for women perfectly.
- Halter dresses: Halter dresses are the rage and have halter necklines with a sleeveless open back design to add a bold touch to the formal event. The dresses touch the floor with sequined details throughout.
- Mermaid gowns: Mermaid gowns are great for petite women and have floral or abstract designs from the knee to the helm. These dresses have a classic fairytale tone and look absolutely dashing.
- Plus sized dresses: Women who are plus sized have great options with v back dresses that make you look leaner and goes well with the contours with the body. Most plus size dresses have a shirring at the waist for a curvier appearance.
Black Tie events should no longer be a confusing affair and you can choose the perfect dress from a store like Macy’s, Mango or Camille La Vie and look your best with a stunning range of choices on offer.